There are a number of ways to pay your bill…
Online Payment or Interactive Voice Response
Customers now have the convenience of paying their bill online via Internet or by Interactive Voice Response.
Click here to pay your bill by Internet or call toll-free, 1-800-470-7985, to pay by telephone.
A convenience fee of $3.95 for card-type transactions or a $1.95 fee for E-Check transactions will apply. The maximum amount is $2,000.00 per transaction.
PLEASE NOTE: Please understand that any online or IVR payment does not represent a payment agreement, and normal disconnect for non-payment dates will still apply. In addition, this payment may post to your utility account on the following business day.
Please contact the Milan Department of Public Utilities with your payment confirmation number if you suspect your electronic payment may have been unsuccessful.
Milan Public Utilities (MPU) Mobile APP
You can download our to view and manage your bills all right on your phone. Click on the app store button to download now.
We always welcome our customers who come to our office to pay their bill. You can pay with cash, check, money order, or cashier’s check.
You can always mail in a check, cashier’s check or money order to pay your bill. Be sure to include your bill statement with your payment and for your convenience we enclose a return envelope.
This is the easiest and most economical way to pay your bill. The amount of your bill is automatically deducted from your checking account on your bill’s due date. You still receive a bill so you can maintain your records.
Our night depository is located next to the drive-up window for payment after hours.
Levelized Billing (Residential Only)
Budget your monthly bill with levelized billing.
- A great choice for anyone, especially for those on a budget – no more surprises when the electric bill arrives following unseasonably hot or cold weather.
- We average your current month’s usage with your previous 12 months usage to arrive at approximately equal monthly payments.
- A safety calculation is used to keep a customer’s levelized bill from jumping too much from one month to the next.
- A customer may not have an outstanding balance prior to participating in levelized billing and must have at least 12 months of prior billing without disconnection for non-payment.
- A customer may only sign up for levelized billing in the months of March and April.